Some from my professional diary, some from my heart, some from my perspective, some from good reads, some from observation, some from life's stories, some from imagination, some from sweet nothings of life...
The big question is,"What are you focusing on?" Because what you focus on, you will see, capture & your life path will be formed accordingly. Interestingly, different people look at the same thing differently. The same situation is seen differently. Ability to put focus on the right things is very important. Otherwise, one fine day you will realize that, entire life you laid your focus on things that truly didn't matter or had nothing to do with your true development & growth as a human being. You will feel that it was a sheer waste of time. Focusing on the positive aspects and staying away from the negative aspects is the key to your happiness. It requires conscious training of the brain & mind. And once you practice this, it comes to you naturally.
Some questions that you honestly need to ask yourself.
1. Are you focusing on what you couldn't do, your difficult past, your challenges & reminiscing on that to create a perfect negative system to not move forward?
2. Are you focusing on letting other's down, criticizing them, making fun of them with an intent to crush them because you know you can't be better than them?
3. Are you focusing on pulling the other person down so that you can move up?
4. Are you focusing on just taking as much as you can from whatever you come across because you fear that time is running out for you?
5. Are you focusing on amassing awards, recognition with the intention of being in the top without any creative output?
6. Are you focusing on proving yourself to be right in front of others so that they revere you & follow you?
7. Are you focusing on accumulating wealth and ignoring every other aspect of your life?
8. Are you focusing on pleasing others at the cost of your self-esteem & integrity?
9. Are you focusing on other distractions & ignoring your loving relationships?
10. Are you focusing on yourself and how you can create what you want to create in this world, that which you are meant to do and leave a mark for everyone to cherish & be grateful for your contribution to the world?
If you are doing all of the above from points 1 to 9 (probably many more very similar to these), then it is high time that you ask yourself this question: Why are you wasting your energy on things that will not truly serve you? What will you get out of this chase & focus? If your focus if on point 10, then you are very much on the right path because to be on 10, you have to have that awareness that all the points from 1 to 9 are just futile pursuits and will take you nowhere except for digging your own hell which anyways one day you will fall into.
Focusing your energy on right things, on right people, on right thoughts, on right activities will enable you a life of contentment, purpose & fulfillment. By the way, greatness lies not in doing what is common but in doing what is difficult & challenging. Are you still looking for happiness & fulfillment?! It's time you set your focus right.
Life & Leadership Coach