Some from my professional diary, some from my heart, some from my perspective, some from good reads, some from observation, some from life's stories, some from imagination, some from sweet nothings of life...
Anonymous but rightly said, “The beautiful core of you is just irresistible when shown in you.”
We all have our own beliefs, perceptions and thought processes which have been formulated by various factors such as our inculcated value system, the environment that encompasses us and overall our experiences of life at various stages. We all have that inner core, that authentic self which defines who we are internally; what we truly love. But, as we progress in our life’s journey, we tend to deviate from this inner self for various reasons. Some of these reasons may be:
1. Lack of self-awareness: We don’t know who we are. We are not connected to our core and we tend to live in illusion. We believe what others believe we can and we become what others want us to become.
2. Pressure to live up to external expectations: We tend to gravitate to that which seems alluring & popular; which is majorly accepted & recognized. We give in to parental pressures, environmental pressures, situational pressures, professional pressures etc.
3. Fear to challenge our status quo: We hold back and enjoy living in comfort-zones. We are scared to go deep down and connect with our authenticity because that needs focus & courage.
4. Influence of the virtual world: Reality bites but we have become like robots who live amidst virtual friends, virtual environment, virtual relationships devoid of the human touch to enlighten our inner conscience.
You must be wondering why I am even talking about connecting with the deeper self. Wondering why is there the need to even discuss this when we are successful, progressive and living a competitive life?! But, have you given a thought as to why despite of all these, people are not genuinely happy. Why there is anxiety, depression, health problems etc.? And when I say happiness, I mean a true sense of fulfillment, a true sense of identity with the core and a true sense of contentment at any stage of life. Here I don’t mean what others see of you, but what you see of yourself. When you stand in front of the mirror; what is reflected? Do you love that self? Do you connect with that being? Do you remember who you are? If the answer is yes, then I am happy and would love to know your powerful journey to inspire us. But, if the answer is honestly no, then you need to delve deep and see within. What did you miss out? Where did you leave it behind? Because, only when we realize our true self, we can build strong foundation that will never falter. We can’t be truly happy by deceiving our innate being. Every person is unique, has strengths upon which he/she can develop his/her whole being & become complete.
If you love creativity and you are asked to do repetitive & unimaginative work, you will not be fully engaged but only do your job till the time the powerful need to do so exist. The need may be basic, societal, environmental etc. The moment that need is met, you will feel dissatisfied and unhappy because now there is nothing to drive you. However, if you do what you truly love, something that resonates with your authentic self, you will enjoy doing it no matter what. Your inner core will be the drive to move you forward.
Here are some ways to figure out if you are connected to your authentic self:
1. If you had the freedom, what is that you would chose over every other thing? If you really feel that you are already doing that, you are connected; if not, you are not.
2. What do you feel about yourself & what others feel about you? Is there a sync or difference? Why the difference?
3. Are you running short of time? Are you unable to cope up with your life? Are you always busy doing nothing valuable? Do you feel exhausted?
4. Are you unhappy, depressed and feel a vacuum inside?
5. What is your most treasured memory? How many such memories have you created so far? If the answer is none, then ask yourself why?
Well, if you answered yes to many of the above questions, then it is time to reflect & self-introspect. In case if you really want to connect with your inner-self but is unable to do so, then you may seek help from someone more aware of oneself; someone who has gone through this process of higher self-connectivity. Sometimes, other people can illuminate parts of yourself that are difficult to see yourself, helping shape your self-understanding.
Leaving you with a thought, “Awakening is not changing who you are but disowning who you are not.” So, embrace your inner self, your worthy self and feel the beauty that exudes from within. Let the world see the power within you.
Life & Leadership Coach