Some from my professional diary, some from my heart, some from my perspective, some from good reads, some from observation, some from life's stories, some from imagination, some from sweet nothings of life...
"Peace & joy happen neither in the quietness of the forest nor out of the accomplishments of the marketplace, but only from within." - Sadhguru
Deep inner work comes from a lifetime commitment. It doesn't end with few degrees, certifications, titles, positions, accolades and awards. If you are really looking for fulfillment, meaning and purpose; then what is important is an inner commitment to a pursuit beyond self; for the larger cause of the community.
I have been interviewing people leaders and have asked them to quote one thing that they think is crucial to be true people leaders. The answer that I commonly get is having empathy & having a strong understanding of human dynamics. Now the question is how will you empathize and have this understanding of human dynamics without yourself doing the deep inner work on self-transformation & continuous development?! Is it even possible?! The deeper you have gone with your self, the more empowered you will be able to take your employees to that depth of transformation, growth & self-discovery which will eventually lead the employees to becoming their best versions. This will automatically contribute to Organizational excellence.
As I look back at my own journey as an HR professional, I see so many blind spots in me that now I realize that had I moved into this path of surrendering to deep inner work earlier,I could have contributed massively as a people leader. I had the passion, empathy, knowledge but I lacked in the ability to lead myself to mastery; to deep work within. It's not just about being liked by your employees or being known as the people's person, or being just a good people leader. The real courage lies in taking the responsibility for recognizing the potential in people and having the courage to develop that potential. That's who a true people leader is. To move to this space, you must first travel the journey of self-discovery & transformation. Only when you can spot the potential in you, you can develop it, master it and then use this wisdom to enable the growth for others. Once you move on this path, you don't care about anything else but focus on making a difference to the lives of people that you touch. You may not have all the solutions, answers but that you are ready to walk this path itself speaks of your commitment. And this shift in energy will give you the access to inner creativity and abundance.
Travelling the journey of a professional Coach, I understand how important it is to know and belief that every human being is whole, complete & resourceful. Every individual has potential and that the right person can inspire them to move towards their growth path. Likewise, the right people leader will be able to inspire the people he/she leads and not just motivate which is temporary. Organizational excellence shall take place through HR transformation: transformation in the way you think, you show up, the way you lead, the way you express and the way you inspire others & elicit the greatness.
Deep inner work involves lot of things like:
1. Knowing your blind spots and your improvement areas.
2. Acceptance of self and commitment to embrace growth.
3. Being open to seeing the mirror and work towards leveraging one's inner strengths.
4. Walking on the transformative journey of developing the four bodies: mind, emotion, body & spirit.
5. Working on improving one's leadership depth and truly understanding the essence of leadership.
6. Mastering the craft for better understanding of our work and the deeper meaning of it.
7. Improving the agility of mind to be able to widen the perspectives.
8. Developing empathy, compassion, limitless belief and dropping the limiting ones that hold us from exponential growth.
9. Understanding and knowing ones' behaviour patterns.
10. Unwinding those things that triggers you to really understand the power behind one's thoughts.
11. Connecting with the highest source to fill self with positive energies.
12. Refueling & replenishing self.
13. Embodying & generating deep inquiry.
14.Skillfully channeling energy, sensation & emotion.
15. Have an access to multiple ways of knowing & understanding.
This list is massive and it will continue as we chose to walk the path. My journey is on and I invite you all to take this journey too. You will be transformed for better and will hold the power to create, transform & inspire others.
Coach to People Leaders, Entrepreneurs & Transitioning professionals